- Place the chicken stock ingredients in a very large stockpot or saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, using a spoon to skim off any foam that rises to the surface of the water. Turn the heat down to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the broth – it’ll be very tender. Let cool for 10 minutes then shred, discarding the bones.
- Strain the stock into a clean pot and season with sea salt, to taste – you want it to be very well seasoned.
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the pasta and cook for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the shredded chicken. Taste and adjust the salt level, to your liking. Divide between bowls, top with some freshly-ground black pepper and serve.