Char Grilled Okra Skewers
Saying goodbye to deep fried and calorific okra, or even worse slimy okra. This tangy char grilled 4 ingredient version is so simple and makes such a delicious addition to any meal, I know it will even convert you non okra lovers and bonus it is vegan too.
We had these as an appetiser before dinner, even the kiddos gobbled them up, I was amazed at how fast the entire plate disappeared… the squeeze of lemon at the end sets the spices off beautifully… I know once you try these you will wish you made a double batch!!
If you’ve never tried Chettinad masala spice, it’s sop worth giving it a try… A flavour bursting blend of coriander, chilli, cumin, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper cloves, star anise and kapok buds. Trust me... it will become a new staple in your larder once you try and is so versatile, it goes beautifully with all meats, fish and veggies!
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ until hot
- Put the okra into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the Chettinad masala, sea salt and black pepper, rub the spice mix all over the okra so it is all fully coated
- Pierce the okra onto skewers, doubling the skewers up if necessary as the okra can be quite long
- Cook on the griddle pan or BBQ until cooked through and charred
- Enjoy hot with a squeeze of lemon and some freshly chopped coriander