- Heat your oven to 190℃.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, sweet pointed peppers, red onion and garlic cloves in a large roasting tin.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mixed herbs, sugar, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer. Roast for 35 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable stock over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in the fresh basil and cover. Allow the stock to infuse while the vegetables roast.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a blender. Strain in the basil-infused stock and blitz until smooth. If necessary, you can thin it out by adding a little bit of stock, or you can thicken it by cooking it uncovered over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, to taste, and serve with crusty bread – enjoy!